Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Welcome to the Beacon Primary Academy Additional Needs team. The team is headed by:
SENDCO: Mrs Sarah Mitchell
The team can be contacted through the Academy office. As a team we work hard to ensure that your child achieves their full potential to develops as a whole person by:
- Writing Individual Provision Maps (IPMs) to ensure that your child has bespoke targets and provision to help them achieve in our Academy. These targets are reviewed regularly with your child, class teacher, parents/carers and SENDCO and new targets are set.
- Ensuring any intervention is of quality and meets the need of your child, additional from and different to the quality first teaching in the classroom.
- Valuing the pupil voice. Our children are asked regularly about their learning and included in the review process through our ‘All about Me’ sheets.
- Holding regular reviews alongside parents/carers to ensure collaborative learning.
- Being committed to the SEND Code of Practice and ensuring that every child matters.
We are proud:
- Of our links with the other Academies in our cluster and the sharing of expertise for the benefit of our children.
- Of our working relationships with outside agencies such as the Educational Psychology Team, Working Together Team and Specialist Teaching Team.
- Of our approachability and open-door policy.
- The rates of progress achieved by some of our children with SEND.
Please let us know of any comments that you may have.